Replica of 1920 Creek Chub Pikie Minnow, the one that set the Muskie World Record in 1949! Cal Johnson caught the famous 67 lb. 6 oz. Muskellunge in Wisconsin's Chippewa Flowage on a South Bend Pikie Minnow. This record was held for almost 50 years. Length is 4 1/8". Used for Bass, Walleye, Northern Pike, & Muskie. You can purchase just the lure or include our solid wood collector's box in Kentucky Coffee Bean or (aromatic) Red Cedar.
1920 Creek Chub Pikie Minnow records:
- 1924, June 15th: Fritz Freibel of Florida catches 20 lb. 2 oz. largemouth bass on model 700 Pikie Minnow.
- 1927: William E. Bostwict sets the northern pike record with a 36 lb. 9 oz. monster caught on a model 700 Pikie in Canada.
- 1927: Charles Marquat catches an 8 lb. 3 oz. smallmouth bass on a model 700 Pikie from North Twin Lakes in Wisconsin.
- 1933: Tony Brothers of Cincinnati, Ohio caught an 18 lb. walleye in Wisconsin's High Lake on a model 700 Pikie.
- 1941: Walter Harden of Florida caught an 11 lb. 11 oz. smallmouth bass on a model 700 Pikie.
- 1950: Wayland Hyche caught an 11 lb. 8 oz. spotted bass on a model 700 Pikie.
Now the Creek Chub Pikie Minnow becomes one of the most popular lures in the world.
No lure has since has held records for three of the most popular game fish at the same time.